Tuesday 7 July 2009

The new studio/workshop


Well I don't know what to call it really- I have almost finished painting it. At first I was not going to bother, but it was a vibrant yellow and orange with blue carpet and I just dont think I can work with that ! Also it has been used as an office for 5 years so looked a bit worn in places. I unearthed a massive tub of white paint that we had around and painted the main work space, and for the little foyer bit I chose Classic Duck Egg, which I think looks gorgeous. I think I will do the glossing tomorrow afternoon which I have arranged to have free of work (doggy work that is) and then I can get on with making soaps at last. I am looking forward to experimenting with more products as well now that I can really spread out. Obviously I had to paint before I started-not after! My hair and clothes are bad enough-covered in splotches tonight!
Not only that, I really didnt think I had so much soapy paraphenalia until I had to move it-Nightmare on Elm Street!
Oh and I havent taken any pics yet - because it looked a bit like Macdonalds before, and its not quite finished yet, but I will!

4 comments:

Lomond Soap said...

Oh you tease! I can't wait to see 8) Do you know since you announced your workshop I have been eyeing up sheds, garages outhouses etc in the village that might be potential workshops! Just a dream though, I doubt anyone would want me making soap in their garage :(

Mary Humphrey said...

I know, exactly, I also have been thinking about her shop! I have one, and still have been thinking about her shop!!!

We can be patient for photos...but not for loonnnggg. :)

Unknown said...

Oh but maybe there could be C- I never thought of mine till about a fortnight ago....... Just think of the lovely smells form someones garage-who wouldnt want that? Seriously though I bet theres somewhere...........

LynnAnne said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of your new workspace. I'm trying to move my shop downstairs in my barn, soap kitchen upstairs and move all my soap stuff out of my house. You would think it would be easy, but its not happened yet! Yours is a work in progress. You'll be done and working in your new space before you know it! I really have to get myself in gear.